FIRE EXTINGUISHER TRAINING
Helping our Customers be prepared for an emergency
and comply with OSHA Requirements
#1910.157 “Portable Fire Extinguishers”
1910.157(g) Training and education.
1910.157 (g) (1)
Where the employer has provided portable fire extinguishers for employee use in the workplace, the employer shall also provide an educational program to familiarize employees with the general principles of fire extinguisher use and the hazards involved with incipient stage fire fighting.
1910.157 (g) (2)
The employer shall provide the education required in paragraph (g) (1) of this section upon initial employment and at least annually thereafter.
1910.157 (g) (3)
The employer shall provide employees who have been designated to use fire fighting equipment as part of an emergency action plan with training in the use of the appropriate equipment.
INDOOR Classroom Training
- Participants will view videotape that discusses the different classifications of fires and the proper extinguisher to use to fight fires. (Approx. 10 minutes)
- The instructor will discuss:
-Extinguisher Limits - The Technique “PASS”: Pull – Aim – Squeeze - Sweep
-Choosing the Right Extinguisher - Should you fight the fire?
- An optional 10 question true & false test will be given and the correct answers discussed in detail.
- This a very open session where questions and discussion are welcome at all times.
OUTDOOR Hands-On Training
- Phase II Demo: Extinguish a fire in a 2’ X 4’metal pan and a 2’ X 2’ metal pan.
- Phase III Demo: Extinguish a large fire in a custom 4’ X 8’ metal pan with a vertical wall and other obstacles. Each participant will receive hands on training involving the different fire extinguishers available at their work facility and actually put out the fire.
- Optional Fires for Special Extinguishers: It is optional to demonstrate special fire extinguishers such as wheeled units, Purple K, Foam, etc.
- Your facility will receive a certificate of completion for your records.